question about fliers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by wacaweed, Jun 2, 2006.

1. wacaweed

wacaweed LawnSite Member

Now I know most hate fliers but got to start somewhere.
    Now I know it is a no no to mess with the mail box but how about puting the fliers in the paperbox just beside the mailbox.

I really have no idea so that is why I am asking I am not tring to find a loop hole. Thanks Joe

2. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

You cant mess with the mailbox at all.

Ive seen local chinese restaurants staple a rubberband to their flyer and hang on the door knob though.

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

A couple guys on the site here have heard from postmasters and I have an email and talked on the phone with the local postmaster and all said you can put flyers in the paper box area, just can't touch the mail box/the flag/the pole holding the box.

If you weren't allowed to put it in the paperbox, the paper companies wouldn't be allowed to either. Paper companies don't own or have any laws protecting the paperbox section, there for it's free game.

4. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

To be honest if your (person in general) to lazy to walk to my door and leave your flyer... then i wouldn't bother calling you anyway, you'll probably be the first to skip on me when it gets hot or the work is to much. Same goes for the ones that toss sh!t in the driveway, it's lazy & unprofessional, not to mention littering.

I'm not calling "you" lazy but getting business takes work, it doesn't just fall into your lap. Also when doing flyers by foot, my personal opinion, walking across yards is very rude and unprofessional. Someone is always watching and don't think for 1 min that neighbors dont tell each other.

All Clear

5. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

only the paper box. your all good then!

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Paperbox is AOK, to put flyers or brochures in.

7. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

I've always just taped flyers to the door.

8. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

You way better off with rubberbands... What happens when someone calls claiming your tape ruined my door by peeling the paint off... Going to just blow them off??? Persoanlly i'd be pissy and my front door is atleast 15 yrs old.
    Your better off not putting yourself in that kind of situation.

All Clear

9. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

No, I tape it to either a glass door, a window right next to the door, or just leave it in the door handle if it is a wooden door. Tape doesn't stick well to paint anyways :)

10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

This makes no sense...you like working harder than you need to?????