Question About Having A Blind Customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

I've had a client for 2 years now who is legally blind (Im not sure what her percentage of sight is) She is able to see a bit but isnt very mobile, everything around the house is outlined with white paint. Anyway she sends me cheques that are about twice as big as a normal check with extra big lettering and braille. Should I send her invoices with larger font? Would it be acceptable to this? Anyone else have a blind client?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would just ask her. Tell her that you know of her problem and was wondering whether she would want a bigger print invoice or to just have you tell her the amount over the phone each time

3. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

I would ask her, tell her that you noticed the checks she sends are a larger print and ask if it would be helpful if you sent the invoice with larger print.

I also would not use the word font, reduces the chance of making her feel stupid if she doesn't know what a font is.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

wow lucky you.. You only have to show up once a month to cut the grass and she'll never know.

I know I better say it or someone will actually think I mean this, I was just kidding, just kidding.
    Anyways, I agree with tiedeman and turf medic, just ask her, she'll probably appreciate that you are thinking about her convenience.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I had a customer that use to give me those big checks written with a "magic marker". I gave him normal invoices, but it was not for mowing, just a couple of overseed jobs.

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

You could even just turn the blades on and sit there for half an hour...LOL