Question about Husqvarna mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kylepat08, May 2, 2008.

1. kylepat08

kylepat08 LawnSite Member

I have a part time mower business...hopefully soon to be bigger...but for now I do residential lawns, mostly under 2 acres and use a Hustler Hydro walk behind 48" and it works very well, I was recently told about a mower for sale, a 2002 Husqvarna 48" with a 15hp Kawasaki. The guy says he used it as his backup and it looks pretty good for being 6 years old. So, the question is has anyone had any experience with this mower? Is it any good?

2. J&J Customs

J&J Customs LawnSite Member

is it a walk behind or what?

3. kylepat08

Yes, it's a walk behind

4. J&J Customs

well if it was used as a backup test it out ask him a few questions about it like if its ever been in the shop for anything does it have any new parts or anything like that find out how many hours it has (doubt it has a hourmeter) if its belt driven try to stay away from it unless its got a killer price belt drives arent really meant for sulkys not sure if you would use one or not. if its the hydro probably a good buy, id still take it up to a dealer and have them check it out either way

5. kylepat08

Yeah, most of that is what I was thinking lol...and I agree with the hydro and sulky deal. I used one on my hustler but it is a hydro model so no problem there, so I guess my next group of questions are going out today hopefully he can answer them! He said he wasn't sure of the hours which I was skeptical about, but I didn't know they mowers didn't have hour meters, that's odd.

6. J&J Customs

yeah the older ones didnt but lately the hourmeters are even on residential mowers