Question about Hustler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buckhtr77, Apr 16, 2008.

1. buckhtr77

buckhtr77 LawnSite Member

I came across an 07 Hustler Super Z that was used as a demo. Dealer said he wants $7200 for it. It has 27 HP Kawasaki, 60 inch deck, and has 60 hours. Should I jump on this deal or not? I cannot get over to look @ it till Monday of next week. It seems like a good deal.

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

If it's really 27hp, it's probably a Kohler, not a Kawasaki.

3. buckhtr77

Just spoke to the dealer again to make sure, I screwed up in the first post. It's indeed a 25 HP Kawasaki. I'll make the edit. Thanks for pointing that out.

4. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like a good price to me.

5. Good Deal, I Gave 7800 For My 06 New 60"/27hp Kohler In Spring Of 07.

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

25 HP engin is too small for a 60" S/Z deck.

7. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

while we are on the subject, I have been offered to buy a used 60" Super Z with the 25hp kaw, its an 05 with 880hrs. Can someone tell me what i should look to spend? I've always bought new, so i dont know what this is worth. Cuts and runs perfect, i have used it some. Also has flex forks and gator blades.

8. I bought one just like that,but mine has the 66" deck, they can come off the price more than they are, and its got enough power.

9. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

how much would that mower be new?

10. buckhtr77

I was thinking he could come off the price a tad once I showed up there and did some looking over.

So is the consensus around here that 25 is or isn't enough for the 60 inch deck?