question about insurance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Havok, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Havok

Havok LawnSite Member
    from Fl

We are currently dealing with a company that wants us to include a clause in our insurance that says they are not liable for anything while we are on their property. Our current insurance carrier would not do that. I was curious if anyone else ran into this and if you know of any insurance companies that will include this?

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I think that is somewhat common when dealing with larger companies/builders etc. I used to do work for a home builder, every month they'd send me some sort of waiver form in the mail, basically wanted me to sign to "absolve them of all blame". I never sent them back. I wouldn't bend over backwards and switch your insurance just to please one client (unless its a big client)

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

This is just my speculation, but I'd guess that a large company, like a Wal-Mart or somebody, they probably run into con artists all the time. You could be mowing and "claim" that you fell into an open manhole and injured yourself. Because people know the large companies have money, and might settle just to avoid publicity. That's my take anyway.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

In 10 years, I have never run into that situation. Personally, I wouldn't sign any type of waiver cause mistakes happen and so do accidents. And if it's their fault I get hurt, well...