Question about JD stx 38

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CCS, Jul 26, 2008.

1. CCS

CCS LawnSite Member

It go to be where it would run a little while and then it would die.Sit there a few minutes and it would crank back up .It would do that 3 or 4 times and then it might run for the rest of the day.Last week it got to where it wouldn't even start.I took it to the deere place and they said they fixed it.Goy it home ,it cranked up fine ,but in about 15 minutes it started dying again.I have changed the fuel filter,but that didn't seem to help.I am trying to make it through the rest of the season with it.Went and looked at the gravely yesterday.SWEEEEET looking mowers.
    Any ideas what might be the problem.I checked the air in the tires.(their good:laugh:)

2. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a ignition coil breaking down causing loss of spark or a non-venting fuel cap not allowing fuel flow. To check that, fill fuel tank and run. When it starts to die, quickly undo the fuel cap to let air inside tank. If it comes out of it, replace fuel cap. The other possibility is the fuel pump. Should be one of those three. Keep us posted.

3. CCS

CCS LawnSite Member

Thanks hoyt
    Oh by the way.Amsoil Rocks!!!!..

4. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

I take it you are a user and a believer?:clapping: