1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question about John Deere walkbehinds.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thesargent, Dec 22, 2006.

1. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

if you cant tell by now I'm trying to find out alot of info on different 36 inch WBs from what i can find it looks as if JD doesnt make a 36 inch hydro machine, is this true. all i can find is belt drives in 36 inch. what do you think of the quality of John Deere WBs? does any one know who make them? would you pick a JD or Husqvarna?(the only two dealers i have to choose from locally). thanks for all your time, and i have used the search function but haven't found what I'm looking for. thanks.

2. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently purchased a John Deere WB. Its a 17hp Kawisaki w/54in deck and grass catcher. Its got about 1700 hours but its a great mower. I have never tried husquarvna equipment but ive heard good things. Its gear driven and i am hoping to get a sulky next season. Heres a picture! I paid $625.00 For it. -Mitch-

3. gibsonsg311

gibsonsg311 LawnSite Member

I bought a Deere spring of 05'. A 2004 36" gs45 belt driven, cut great last year but this summer ran into alot of issues with the belt adjustments and timed blades. It required alot of upkeep compared to my exmark. one of the newer belt drives have a defect, i think its the gs30 or gs15. I heard good things from the dealer about the newer hydros compared to the older ones.
  4. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I had a GS 25? Belt drive 36 with 12.5 kawasaki. Best cutting mowing ever. I sold it to another lawn co. It just finished its 9th season.
    I briefly owned a JD 36 hydro. Piece of crap. Noisy, poor adjustments, and super long and heavy.