Question about Kawi engine on Wright stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bwilder10h, Apr 19, 2007.

1. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

I ran across a newer Wright mower that the owner blew the engine on.

It's currently a 19hp Kaw but I was thinking for the right price, I could buy it and drop a 23hp Kaw on it to resell.

So my question(s) are, where would I get a good price on a new engine and what type shaft would the engine need to work on the stander?

I know Kaw makes a lot of different shaft types to work on different mowers....

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would guess some pretty big bucks for those engines....probably push closer to $2K then to $1K. Any idea how he blew the 19hp, since that is what we run. I have noticed that the oil is very very dirty after about a week of run so we change every other week.

3. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

The 23 kaw. new are going for around $1500 give or take depending on where you buy.

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get a new 25 for like $569 on this website! i will get back to you on the website thanks George

5. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

Russo in Chicago will probably have a low price on these.

6. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd like to see that....don't they go for 3x that $$$.

7. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

check out
    http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/ProductList.asp?Category=Engine&Supplier=Kawasaki

8. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

Wow, the 19 is way cheaper. I've got a call into the owner to see what he would sell it for. Maybe I could rebuild it.

Not sure what happened to the other engine. By the looks of the situation, poor maintenance. The dealer thinks the crank is bad but he's out of warranty and would rather buy something new than chance something that is rebuilt or had the engine replaced... :hammerhead:

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Why not post in the repair forum....I would think those engines should be able to be rebuilt.

10. brianslawncare

brianslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

contact j-thomas.com they sell every kawaski engine with a warranty.i bought a 17 kawi from them and they were a lot cheaper then my local dealer. you need all the info from the old engine usually there is a metal tag on the motor.