Question about LazerZ Model Difference

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jasonlong, Sep 15, 2003.

1. jasonlong

jasonlong LawnSite Member

Talked w/ local dealer today. He kept pushing a LazerZ AS. I can not find any reference to the "AS" model in anything I have. Looked like a reguar Z w/ ROPS to me. Dealer said it was between a HP and a full Lazer. Price was good, but he said it was introductory only. ANy information would be nice.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jasonlong,

That's another one of those secret models.

The AS or Advantage Series is a new model for this year. Over the years we've been adding feature after feature and most of them come at a price. The AS is a Lazer Z without all the bells and whistles or a clone of the original Lazer Z.

Standard features on the Lazer Z such as the cup holder and foot lift assist will be options on the AS. Drive tires will be 23X10.50 Turf Mates, caster tires will be 13X5 just like the original Lazer Z.

The AS will be available only with Kohler air cooled engines. A 20 hp on the 52" deck and a 23 hp on the 60" deck. The engines will not enjoy some of the standard features of the Lazer Z. The AS will not have the clean out ports, canister air filter, quick release oil drain and rpms will be set at 3600 rather than 3750.

Fuel capacity with be 8.5 gallons just like the original Lazer rather than the 13.5 gallons on the new Lazer Z. Throttle, choke, PTO and hour meter will all be in the front console just like the original Lazer Z as well.

There are a few other minor items as well. The AS will have all of the structural upgrades and the 5.5” deep deck that the Lazer Z has enjoyed over the years but not all the features.

Thanks

Terry

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Sad but true.

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks like Exmark is a step ahead of me. I'd suggested something along those lines recently.

I like the idea. Some folks don't need 13.5 gallons capacity, or the various other improvements, but just want the basic guts of the big lazer w/o having to go down to a 44" 17hp HP model to get the price they can afford. The things that matter most, deck size, power, and cut quality are still there.

5. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I,m glad to see this option. A 25 would be a better engine option.

6. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Are the clean-out ports part of the air cleaner?

7. eXmark

DD,

The clean our ports allow easy access to the cooling fins for clean out. They are available only on Kohler engines and a pretty good deal for guys mowing in a lot of dusty dry conditions.

Thanks

Terry

8. John Gamba

from ct

You didnt have to print it. I was kidding.
    John

9. eXmark

John,

I didn't know if you were kidding or not. I pretty much print anything unless is malicious or just inappropriate.

I just figured everybody has a right to their opinion. When they disagree with me they also have the right to be wrong.........now I'm just kidding.

Have a good one.

Terry

10. John Gamba

from ct

LOLOLOLOLOLOL