1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question about Leaf Cleanups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by googles, Nov 12, 2004.

1. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious on what is a fair hourly price to charge my customers for leaf cleanup if I have a 3 man crew? and what do you charge hourly if you are using a 2 man crew? since at times I will only use 2 guys on some houses? Ps. I will be using mainly blowers if that helps. Thanks
  2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

IMO it's really specific to your area.

What do you get an hour for mowing?

I double that per guy for the cleanups.
  3. googles

nobody has any ideas? please give me some feedback.
  4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

ir depends on what equipment you are using.
    we get $35.00/man hour plus equipment

with 2 guys it's $70.00/hr.

do a search and you'll find how to calculate equipment costs
  5. googles

basically i am just looking to see what everyone charges per man hours. either 2 or 3 man crew.
  6. Ren

Ren LawnSite Member

I do fall cleanups solo and bill myself out at $60 minimum per hour and sometimes up to $80. When I started 4 years ago, my coach at Lesco told me that most landscapers in this area try to get at least $60 an hour. I get to $80 an hour when the cleanup looks like a $250 cleanup but I end up getting it done in 3 hours. I use the back pack to blow it on the lawn, 60" hustler to grind it down 10 to 1 and then pick it up with the Hustler with leaf basket. Most of my cleanups here allow me to dump the ground up leaves in the woods or a compost pile. Hope that helps.
  7. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Googles, yard pro is right. do a quick search on fall cleanups and you will get a ton of links to valuable information.

I get about $40-$80 per man hour. depending on how long it takes you and the equipment you use. That's all.

Call a few local landscaping, act dumb, and ask them how much it would cost to do your yard. Around here, it's $100/per hour. That tells me that they also charge $50/man hour. 3 people = $150. It might take you less, but you will get it right.

take care.
  8. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

75 a hour for 2 for 3 it's 105.
  9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

example:yesterday: 2 good /experienced guys with good blowers. one job 60 min for $160. next job $150 for 60 min. a trained crew of two should easily gross $70-90 per man hr while on the job, for leaf cleanup
  10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Come on now! In a thread from a couple weeks ago you wrote:

"I just did this yard today (the intermediate fall cleanup with no flower bed cleanup) for $85. It took me 4 hrs (2 people). Did I underprice this job?".

Now this week you are getting $40-$80 per man hour?????

Anyway, to the original post, it depends on what you need to charge to make a profit. If you can charge $25 an hour and make a profit, then that's what you charge (not too likely though). If you have to charge $50-60 an hour to make a profit, then that's what you charge.
    Just be sure to factor in ALL your costs of doing business.