1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question about Lesco Rider?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Pallas, May 20, 2002.

1. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm thinking about getting a Lesco Viper Rider. They just dropped the MSRP to $4995. We purchased a gear drive 48" last year and after a few adjustments and modifications were very happy.
    Question: Does anyone have any feedback on the 48" Lesco Viper? I think it comes with a Kaw 19hp. Any experiences/feedback would be very helpful. Thanks.
  2. I have not heard much good about there mowers. I think mtd makes there ztr. They almost look like the cub cadet ztrs only the paint is different
  3. BLL

BLL LawnSite Member
    from MD

I heard from a friend that they did not cut that good however that was a few years ago and could have soe improvenemts since then. He didnt mention any mechanical problems though.
  4. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I was in the Winston-Salem Lesco on Monday and commented to the guy that it looks like a green Cub Cadet Tank. He said Lesco owns MTD? btw-Are all Lesco sites drive thru?
  5. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 54in with the 25 Kaw./ Stamped deck. Going on three years now.
    With all the types of grass I have to cut here it handles them all just fine. Very nice cut too. PLENTY of power.
    There were some upgrades done to mine the first year I had it. All were at no charge AND I was given a loaner to use while mine was being worked on. These machines have really been brought up to par this last year. Nothing cheap about them.
    I looked at a Toro Z also before I bought the Viper. I was EXTREMELY hesitant to buy because of the MTD name behind the Viper. I was sold on it mostly because of outstanding service here by the two Lesco centers we have. Always parts on hand for repairs or general maintenance. When mine needs to stay at the center they have a loaner ready to go. THATS service.
    The Toro dealer said no loaner and I'd have to wait or rent.They sold other brands also.
    Same thing for all the rest of the dealers here.
    I'll stick with Lesco.
  6. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Great machine, go for it cuts nicely , and has great blade speed.Better job then all, ZTRs in the area.My brother got his last fall and its all he uses.
  7. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

stay away from lesco
    my 2 cents worth
  8. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

from lesco or their mowers?

i use their ferts and always get great service. and ours isn't a drive thru, though with the front bay door open and the smaller back one open you might could try to.
  9. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend who had a chance to demo a 54 with the 25 Kawasaki. He said the mower had a good feel but tended to bog down in the thick florida floritam because of the shallow deck. Something to think about if you are going to be recycling.
  10. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Did the demo have the stamped deck or the fab deck? Mine will go thru anything at WOT. Mine has the stamped deck(54). It was a first year model. No fab deck at that time for it. The 60 had one I think.
    The newer fab decks on them now are supposed to eliminate the
    clippings from building up in the chambers as you are mowing.