1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Lesco Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by otis44, Mar 7, 2013.

1. otis44

otis44 LawnSite Member

Disclaimer: This is not my mower and I am not looking to solicit traffic to the ebay auction..

I'm looking to add/purchase a walk behind mower this season. There is a guy who is near me who has a Lesco 48" hydro (see link below) for sale. He doesn't seem to know much about it, says he purchased from a bank a couple of years ago and that it mows and runs fine. Hours are unknown, not sure on the HP, thinks its 21 and the engine is a Kawi. I was guessing the engine to be a 19, but not sure.

Anyhow, can anyone enlighten me on this mower, year, reliability, etc. I understand Lesco is out of production. Are parts available through John Deere? And what would be a ballpark value on this thing. He has had it on C-list for a while at $3500, which I think is unrealistic, its starting at 2k on ebay which I would assume is more in line with its value. Any advice or help appreciated. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Lesco-...473?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e78190cc9