question about manage?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by fga, Jun 29, 2006.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Manage, the Nutsedge killer, i was told by some guy there is an additive i have to mix in, to make it stick?

anyone hear of this, or know what he was refering to?
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It is called Sticker and you can get it at Lesco or you can add some ordinary dish soap will work. The get all water off the grass for 48 hours if you can. Can't buy Manage in our area any more!
  3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

dish soap. really? shot in the dark, but any idea on an amount to ad to a 1 or 2 gallon mix (manage/water).
    i don't want the sprinklers to come on, and make a bubble bath:)

here there are stockpiles of the stuff.
  4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, the spreader sticker from lesco is cheap and it is a non ionic type surfactant and it will stick better., I would much rather use it
  5. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

They are now selling Sedgehammer same A.I. only it costs less, I think it is about $85 at lesco per acre. I still use for in landscape beds but certanty is great on the nutsedge and it kills allot of other weeds that are not on the turf label.
  6. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

There is also a new product called Dismiss.

It supposedly knocks out Nutsedge in 2-3 days.
  7. southernsprayguy

southernsprayguy LawnSite Member

Dismiss is a great product by FMC. You get both post and pre control of sedges. It comes in 16 oz bottles. Don't let the price scare you off. It is more expensive than sedgehammer but you will get very good control and quick.
  8. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Basagran, Manage, ETC all work. Here's the thing -- spray it when it's nice and tall. Then wait 2 to 5 days before mowing (depending on temp & humidity). If you spray it after it's been mowed....good luck!

****The most important factor is this: ALWAYS spray it with a fine mist to get complete coverage. Fine mist/fine mist /fine mist is CRITICAL.

If you really want to 'wipe it out', add UAP's LI700.
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I was just at Lesco talking about the new stuff for nutsedge and I guess I misunderstood pricing on the product. I thought they said that the sedgehammer came in a 1 oz bottle.. I immediately discounted that because I mix in 2 gallon backpacks and that sounded like I would need a shringe to get correct amount. Did I get it all wrong?
  10. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

It should come with a little measuring scoop like the manage did. .9 gram if I remember correctly. I measured the spoon with a sryenge and water it holds 1 ml.