1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question about morning glory plant

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by abryconlawn, Feb 4, 2007.

1. abryconlawn

abryconlawn LawnSite Member

I've got a question about morning glory. Do you find it easier to plant with a seed or a starter plant? Any other helpful hints you might have when dealing with this plant. Thanks.
  2. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

come down here this summer and I'll give all the morning glory you could stand out of my veggie garden !!! for free !!
  3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Here morning Glory is the common name for Bindweed, and yes all you could want for free here. Just take a small vine of it and place it in dirt. I can't imagine anyone planting it on purpose.
  4. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Ornamental varieties of morning glory will grow quickly from seed, so no point in buying plants, unless you get a late start. They can be prolific seeders, so be careful with your placement and upkeep. If you really want to make an impact. Start the seeds yourself indoors in small pots and when the weather is right in your area transplant outside with a big head start.

5. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

Using the Seed is very easy
  6. tony58

tony58 LawnSite Member

Like the others said,start from seed,they don't transplant good.Tip,soke seed over nite or nick with file before planting,seed are very hard...
  7. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

Just learned that Bindweed/ morning glory is able to grow 4' deep and 5' wide, root spread in 13 weeks! Do not ever plant this it will spread everywhere and you will never get rid of it!
  8. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

you could keep it in a planter, but then you will have to worry when it drops it seeds