Question about my new dixie chopper...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bottlefed89, Mar 23, 2005.

1. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I picked up my brand new xt3200-60 a day ago, I like it so far, though I only have 14minutes on it... One thing I don't like is that I can't get out of the seat and leave it running... I like to let things warm up, and cool down, but I don't like to sit on them and wait for it. Any thing I'm missing here??
    thanks
    greg

2. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

It's for safety i do think so . But if you don't care put a block of wood on it or something .
    is it fast
    can it spin the tires like the guys from O C C did when they made the Dixie bike ?

3. TwinWillowsFarm

TwinWillowsFarm LawnSite Member
    from KY

When I bought mine our dealer showed me the trick - lift the seat up, mounted to the back frame rail that the seat rests on there is a black wiring plug with the wires coming into the bottom, gently pull downward on the wires & they''ll come out of the plug. That's all it took on mine.

4. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

that is not always a great idea if you have others running your equipment. Safety switches are on for a reason, if someone where to get hurt while operating it, could be major trouble. Just a word of warning, but i do understand what a pain in the azz they can be.

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

These are wise words!! Don't learn the hard way like I did.... 30 stitches and 2 broken bones. I am going to reinstall mine, I sure don't want my guys making a mistake like I did. My next mowers will be a safer unit such as Exmark or Hustler. I would just sit on it and wait for it to warm up, it should only take 30 seconds to a minute.

6. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

As long as you have the E brake on mine will run when you are off of the seat. :waving:

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You have the Silver Eagle.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you also might want to be careful about taking off the safety shut off switches on the mowers. I know that I have done it as well, but you can void the warranty and get into some deep trouble if OSHA comes around

9. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

Does the safety switch just ground when the seat is occupied?? I awant to think of a way to ouot another switch on it so that I can flip the switch, get off, let it warm up, but then still use the safety feature for when another one of my guys is driving...