Question about my Quick 36

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Big C, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

My Q36 will arrive at the Roadway terminal Wed. My question to you guys is can I fit the crate inside the bed of my truck ('99 Dode Dakota Sport long bed) or will I need my trailer?.....any info would be helpful

2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

just picked mine up friday,i used a open trailer. the crate is 54" wide and 80 some inches long.my F250 was only 51" between the wheel wells so i didnt want to chance it.

3. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Should not need a trailer- I have a chevy silverado and there was plenty of room to spare between the wheel wells when I picked mine up at the freight terminal. You might want to call the good folks at Better and get the exact width measurement then compare to your truck.

4. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

i just gave him the exact width and that was straight from roadway...they measured it for me.My wheel wells were a few inches to narrow and i wasnt taking the chance,besides much easier to assemble on a trailer.

5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Does BOP's Free Freight also cover the shipping of purchased accessories IE StepSaver, grass-catcher, etc...?

6. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, mine is coming with a step saver and extra blades and it was still free (to the terminal).

7. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

Mine fit in the bed of my truck also. At that time i had a 2005 ford f150 work truck

8. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member