Question about older model walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pcs, Mar 21, 2001.

1. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

I have a 93 walker. I want to get a new 48" side discharge deck for it. Will a new deck go on the older walker?

2. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 1993 Walker MT-54 SD. I'm sure that all decks are interchangable. Check with your dealer. I know a broker in MO. that deals in used Walker equipment, if you would like his e-mail address I can get it for you. If you are interseted drop me a line and I'll be glad to help you out.
    Mowman

3. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

How much horse power does your walker have? I wanted to get a 54" SD but was told that my 16hp would be pushed to it's limits.

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it will the only change is to your drive shaft coupler they changed from your style. Very inexpensive piece.

5. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

With this piece can I still use the deck I have for it now? How easy is it to change them?

6. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

On your mower you have a spline, on the deck you have a shaft and in between you have a coupling and they changed couplings and your shaft on your deck all you will need to do is by the updated coupler for new deck and keep the old one for the older deck.