Question about Palm and Tree Trimming

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by freshprince94, Aug 25, 2010.

1. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I cut the HOA Common areas along Whisper Lakes BLVD, and there was a town house complex on the Whisper lakes BLVD that I did as well....good money...

yeah the resort is in a weird location. but the home prices doubled after it was done. I sold my house for 105, and a few years later there were going over 200K

I haven't been back in 5-6 years....I'm sure I'm not missing much...

2. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

That stinks about the pricing, but yeah, you're not missing too much. Florida has its ups and downs.

I drive by Whisper Lakes BLVD almost every day so I know exactly where that is. The resort is nice, I've never stayed there but it sure looks nice and is cut by Brickman.

Good to hear from someone else who knows the area. I want to get into the Winter Park area because that's where the money is at.

3. MarcSmith

winter park and even windemere is nice. but I lived in Whisper lakes, and I'd rather spend time mowing than looking at the windshield...drive times are hateful...

4. not sure exactly what town Rollins college is in, but that area is HIGH-END. It reminded me of Palm Beach.

5. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

That would be Winter Park. Yes, VERY high end.

MarcSmith, yea, drive times do suck but the money out there is insane.

6. MarcSmith

I know. I turned down work out there. driving from south Orlando basically across Disney, across the major tourist corridors did nothing for me..I was getting 100 bucks a month for 12 months on full service on 1/4 acre lots. and having to drive 5 minutes or less between props. generally we were spending only 35-45 minutes a day in the truck....

7. Twlightlawncare

Twlightlawncare LawnSite Member

How do you charge for palm tree frawn trimming?

8. MarcSmith

frond.....

same way you'd charge anything, how long does it take , do you need a ladder, bucket truck, pole saw, power pruner....ect..how much debris how long to drop off debris, what cost to drop off debris..

do they want a clean trunk, or can you leave the boots...