Question about ProLandscape

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jd4310, Jan 23, 2005.

1. jd4310

jd4310 LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    I had a couple questions about the ProLandscape software. I have used some cheap programs in the past which did not have many of the plants I use. Can anyone tell me if the prolandscape has plants such as nellie stevens, foster hollys, gardenias, and inkberrys to name a few. I am seriously thinking of buying the program after reading what several of you have posted. Has anyone used the new version 11 yet? Thanks for the help

2. bnl

bnl LawnSite Member

I just looked for the plants you named. I found all except the Foster Hollies.
    It has a Nellie Stevens, Compact Inkberry, Gardenia, Mounding Gardenia, Gardenia spp. , Dwarf Gardenia, etc.. So as far as the ones you named, yes, they are there. I just got the software and have not used it very much (only had it now for a couple of weeks) but from what I see so far, it looks like it has a good plant selection.

3. jd4310

jd4310 LawnSite Member

bnl,
    Thank for the quick response, that sounds good, im glad to at least see a little more of what I use in my area. You said you just received the software. Does it look like it is going to be worth the money. I have read lots of great reviews just wondered what you thought. Thanks

4. bnl

bnl LawnSite Member

I do think it is worth the money, but I am a little slow right now as far as installs so I am not doing a lot of designing until I pick up toward the Spring. I have done a few practice drawings, and it takes just that...practice, to figure it out, but after doing a few I feel that it is going to benefit me tremendously. I had a cheap program before as well, which i hated, because I spent so much time trying to get the property lines and building drawn into the plan, and never could get it like I wanted it, and the view of the plan depended on getting the house or building drawn in correctly. With Pro Landscape, the image editor allows you to import a picture of the house, and place the plants in around the house in the original picture. Then after you get that like you want it, it keeps up with what you have used for the look you want, and you go to another whole section of the software, where you put the dimensions of the house in, place the plants that it says you used around the house in the first step in their correct places, and then draw in the mulch beds, grass areas, driveways/walkways, etc. Then the third part of the software takes the Design part, and puts all of the items used into a proposal. It is set up so that in part one, you make an after photo, in part two you set up a scaled plan for the install crew to use, and in step three you price everything that you have used in the plan. It makes a very professional looking package to present to the customer when you are trying to win the job. ......Sorry about the long post!

5. jd4310

jd4310 LawnSite Member

I think it would be worth a try, especially with the 60 day guarantee. I like how it puts it in a proposal for you. I already do proposals for my quotes so this would work great, I could just add in the designs and plant list, etc.. to what I already do. Then the customer would have a professional looking package that I could easily sit down and go through with them.

6. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

What is the cost of Pro-Landscape....and do they offer upgrades :waving:

7. jd4310

jd4310 LawnSite Member

From the info they sent me it says it is 1,295. I see where you can upgrade if you have a older version. So I would assume if you bought it now that when newer versions come out they would still allow you to upgrade.

8. 1st impressions

1st impressions LawnSite Member

I purchased version 10 last year for approx. $1300. Version 11 is available as an upgrade for $300 so I would assume all upgrades would be similar in cost. A useful feature is the ability to import your own pics of plants, flowers, trees, etc. that are better suited for your area of the country. Plan on a minimum of 40-80 hours to learn all the functions. There is a seminar offered but is $$$$$$. Once you are able to master this program, your presentations will sell itself. Good Luck!