Question about proposing a bid to an insurance company

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Toro52, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Toro52

Toro52 LawnSite Member
    from PA

hello, Iam new to the hardscaping business. i started with grass cutting and now am getting jobs to do hardscpaing. A customer asked me to look at a retaining wall that was plowed over by a plow truck. The wall isn't too big and will run to be about $1300. My question is that he needs me to write up a bid to the insurance company so he can get the check so that i can start the project. I have never gone through an insurance company before and am very curious on what exctly i have to write up to formally propose the job the get the check and anything i should watch out for when writting the proposal to a insurance company.

dscn0421 copy.jpg

2. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

I GAVE AN ESTIMATE TO ONE HOMEOWNER WHO HAD AN 18 WHEELER CUT A TURN AND TAKE OUT SEVERAL SRUBS. THE CUSTOMER STATED THAT IT WAS GOING THROUGH THE INS CO.i WROTE THE ESTIMATE AS USUAL TO THE HOMEOWNER AND IT WAS THERE RESPONSIBILITY TO SUBMIT THEM TO THERE INSURANCE CO. THE CUSTOMER IS PAYING FOR IT THERE JUST GETTING REIMBURSED FOR THE LOSS VIA INS. CO.

3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

I've also given estimates, the customer submits them to the insurance co. and then just keeps the money and never gets the work done as well....

4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's an insurance quote, bill your time for developing the estimate. Chances are you will not see any of the money coming from the insurance company. You can work out a deal with the homeowners to rebate your bill back into whatever work you might end up doing if you like though.

Dan

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

6. BB36

BB36 LawnSite Member

Same thing happened to me.I no longer give estimates for insurance claims.