question about quick books

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bigcountry01, Feb 28, 2007.

1. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

I have the 2003 accountant edition of quick books and its kinda hard to figure out, alot of things i dont need. Maybe because its the accountant edition but it was already on my computer when i got it. have they made the program more user friendly? mine i guess is a little outdated...is the newer version any better than what i have or would i be wasting my money? about how much can i expect to pay for the program? thanks

2. bigcountry01

i also have lawn pro and its good, but i dont think its much good for anything other than mowing. i just need something more than what it offers. i do other things besides mowing

3. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Quickbooks does take awhile to learn. You could hire a bookkeeper to help you out, or take a class at a community college.

4. bigcountry01

yeah i dont really have the money for a book keeper right now, that would be great though if i could afford that. Just want to hear from some guys that have the newer edition of quickbooks to see it its any better than the 2003.

5. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

i use 2004 qb pro took 2 weeks to set it up right and about 20 hrs. of use to learn it.

6. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I upgraded from QB 2000 to QB pro 2007 this year. There are some changes, but I don't think its any easier to use.

7. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

My accountant teaches me how to use it when I visit with her. I thought I couldn't afford it, either, but now I've found her services to be priceless! My initial consultation cost $300 last year, and now I'm there MAYBE 1 hour per month ($50)- She has helped me to learn quickbooks, and just recently she found many more deductions and credits on my taxes than I would've found on my own. If she saves me 1 hour per month of bookwork and phone calls (she saves much more than that), then she's worth every cent!