question about reaching limbs

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by Guest, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

ah duh, try 2 climb lines and a 30 foot hanger pole????

2. Guest

Guest Guest

even at 110 lbs I can get 6 6 foot poles to launch a rope, the idea is to run them up verticle one section at a time

3. Guest

Guest Guest

more than it takes to grab a D ring or clip!!!!!!

also with it wet here and all, and the fact that we do handle line clearance we also use the fiber glass ones..............

4. Guest

Guest Guest

5. Guest

Guest Guest

in boston you should be able to find a shelter tree supply store???? I have shoped there before and it was well stocked................30 miles west of you

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Why does it has to be a certified arborist. You guys are nuts with that. Just call a TREE SERVICE out of the phone book and pay them to cut the limb for you.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

we rent trained woodchucks here. they run about 50 bucks a day. cost is a lil more than a snipe but not a bad price. so if youd like we^:walking:d ship out one.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Honestly you have no biz even trying to get any of those limbs. If you think a cable or grapple hook would help than i think you should find a new line of work. Leave the ninja work to use tree trimmers and arborist.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey man,
    Sounds like you need to leave the chain saw on the ground. Take a hand saw with you until you can climb with out almost killing yourself. That way if you get knocked out again the handsaw wont cut you in half. How are you getting into the tree? What are you climbing with? I dont think cable is going to help. Were you thinking you would hook the cable to the limb and rip it off the tree??? Real good for the tree. If you did that to my tree you would be taking more than just 50 bucks off the job... YOu would be paying for the damage to the tree. Of course I know whats right, your customer pobably doesnt, so you could probably get away with it. My suggestion is if you cant climb to it SAFELY, take the 50 bucks off and get away with your life. Better to walk away, and do tree work another day. Suggest that they get a Certified Arborist to take a look at it and take the limb out.
    Just one last burning question; were you wearing your hard hat????

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I dont care if you use a certified arborist or not. The only reason I go that route is because you know they keep up with the times through CEU's. They are alway educating themselves. Sure any tree guy can educate themselves but will they. Certified arborists HAVE to to maintain your credentials.