Question about redmax trimmers??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutter1, Oct 31, 2000.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have Shindaiwa t270's, but I'm always open to new equipment. Those of you who use redmax seem pleased with there line. I looked on alamia and was wondering a few things. I saw the bc3400. 33.6cc, 15.3 lbs, $475. This is comparible to the shindaiwa t350(which I used and thought was too heavy). My question is, do they make something comparible in size, power, weight to the shindaiwa t270?? All I see is the bc2200, bc3400, bc4400. 2200 is too small and the others are too big. ANything in between??

2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I had a BC2600 and used it for a few weeks as my main trimmer before it got stolen. It had good power, but I didn't like the head all that much. Then I bought a Echo 2601. The Red Max is heavier than the echo. They both seemed to have enough power. I am going to buy a couple of Kawasaki trimmers after the 1st. They are all of the above and quieter.

3. Cutter1

I don't like the shindaiwa heads, I always take them off and put on a universal bump

4. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

I bought the New Red Max trimmer this spring . It's the 2300 I believe. It has the new strato charged carb. system. It is great . It's light but considered a commercial model. I went to Almia just to look and it's not listed there. I think it's rated at around 23 cc's but I'm not sure. I originally wanted more power but the most powerfull ones seem to be just to heavy to use all day. I've used this every day this summer on my 27 lawns and not a problem.

5. Hardy Enterprises

Hardy Enterprises LawnSite Member

I have one 2600 Redmax and two T270's. They are both great machines, I havn't had any trouble out of either one. However, I cut a lot of thick, tall grass and I feel like the T270 is a little bit stronger. One of the biggest thing I like about the T270 over the 2600 is the shaft length. I am about 6'4" and the extra 2" on the T270 shaft makes it much more comfortable to run.

Jay

6. Cutter1

Jay...I love my 270's!! I also like the extra length, its easier on your back. Thanks for the info on the redmax, I like to shop around, although, shindaiwa is running through my veins!!!

7. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I use the 2600 Redmax and the 2601 Echo. What I've learned is the Echo is the trimmer of choice by my 3 employees including myself. The Redmax has plenty of power but the Echo is easier on the body. We trim & edge about 6-7 hrs per day, with both trimmers set up with the Edgit. If you want balance and lite weight check out the Echo 2601.
    I also have Stilh, Tanaka, Homelite, but nobody will use them as long as the Redmax and Echo our working.

8. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

With my trusty ownders manual in front of me I will now give the correct information on my Red Max trimmer. It's model BCZ 2500S and it's rated at 25.4 cc and weighs 11.7 pounds. It starts on the first or second pull all summer and I just love it.

9. Cutter1

Jay...Do they have anything bigger than that???

10. Hardy Enterprises

Hardy Enterprises LawnSite Member

Hey Cutter1,

They do have trimmers that compare to the Shindaiwa T350 and T450. However, they don't have anything that compares to the T270. It goes straight from the 11.44lb BC2600 to a 15.3lb BC342. Personally I don't want to lug a 15lb trimmer around all day. I have a friend that runs BC2300's and I asked him why he run them instead of the 2600. He said he didn't want to carry the extra weight (about 1 lb). I told him 1 lb. can't make that much difference, but whenever I bought my first T270, it weighs 1 lb more than the 2600, I could definitely feel the extra 1 lb. So I would hate to think about lugging an extra 4 lbs. However for me I can live with 1 extra pound to get the added power and shaft length of the T270.

Jay