Question about Round-up Mixing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by redoak77, Jun 9, 2007.

1. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

I got tired of buying a gallon of round up at a time and using their fangled applicators so I went and bought a 1 gallon sprayer and some round-up concentrate. The bottle says it can make up to 21 gallonsÂ…. But the instructions say to mix 6oz per gallon and there are only 64 oz in the bottle? What gives? How much do you guys mix per gallon?

2. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

3 oz per gal = 21gal

3. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't waste your money on Roundup. I buy 2.5 gallons of Glystar from a farm chemical supply for about $70 and I'm on my third year with it. It's good stuff, 2oz per gallon and kills everything.

4. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

im surprised someone didnt come on here and asked if you had a license

5. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

oh well give it time

6. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

For around the house, I mix it about 1/3 stronger than the label calls for. Otherwise it's not much more than about 80% effective.

7. Before anyone can give you a rate to apply, we need to know the % ai in your concentrate container, since they have many different concentrations.

BUT I would highly recommend you read the label and follow the directions! All the information is on the LABEL!

And, if you have a license, they shouldn't have issue you one!

8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Screw round-up... all you want is 41% glyphosate. It cost me $13 per gallon.

DSC00091.JPG

9. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck LawnSite Member

where did you buy that glystar

10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

some agri chemical supply store