question about sweating?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I sweat and I mean i sweat a lot. What do you guys do? When its 90's and due points in the 70's I go thru shirts like three a day easily. Especially when I am pruning. I guess I am wondering if this is normal and how many of you sweat like this?

2. DanDodge

DanDodge LawnSite Member

I've always been a heavy sweater too. Doc's and coaches always told me that was a sign of a well tuned cooling system and it was healthy. Just drink lots of water.

Now if you stop sweating on a hot day THAT'S when you need to worry.

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not a real heavy sweater, but I guess that means I just don't work hard enough!

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

NOT AN ISSUE....

last year in August I would go through 5 shirts before lunch.....

be werrie if ya STOP sweating.....

5. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

like most i go through 4 or 5 shirts a day when mowing. maybe i should get a Z so i wont have to walk them all. lol

6. DavisLawn

DavisLawn LawnSite Member

i was wondering this same thing today.. if everyone sweated as much as me.... its terrible, especially after being really sweaty then running over a real dusty yard... i feel like ive been wallowing in the mud..... whats really irritating is the sweat running onto my sunglasses and messing them up.. .have to keep wiping them off constantly.

7. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I could go through 5 shirts a day but I wear the same one. Wearing under armour underneath your shirt helps alot.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I did wonder about this today, a black guy pulled up in his flat bed with sides as I was doing some mulch and boy I am SURE he had a load of fun because he was basically re-loading someone's inventory by hand. And I was thinking, WHY is it always guys like US they pick to do the HARD work?!! Come on, it ain't fair!

Then I realized this is how it works:

Plan A:
    Work in an air conditioned office answering the phone all day and doing paperwork, knowing the guys working outside wish they could be you taking it so easy and chilling BUT secretly laughing your azz off because they just don't KNOW lol... First it's really not that cold inside and the work still isn't easy oh and you got office politics to deal with, too.

Plan B:
    Work outside in the sweltering heat, wishing you could be inside in the cool a/c but knowing the guys inside wish they were in your shoes yet you're secretly laughing your azz off because they just don't KNOW lol... I'll skip the why but for this to work you have to get the work done with little motion, make it look like you're hardly working and hoping one of the insiders comes out to talk smack... Then you simply hand them your shovel and invite them for a round or two, and soon nobody ever says a word to you lmao!
    Now you don't have to work hard anymore but just get it done, some kind of way, try not to keel over, that's it!

So, just take it easy...
    It will stretch your day but so what, start early and finish late.
    Heck I did a bit of work today, was quite a bit or so I thought...
    I grossed 340 and after just material expenses it nets 230, not even counting fuel or any other costs yet...
    And I worked all day so 12 hours, hmm I guess I was below $20 an hour.
    But you know, I just don't care. :p
    Because I also got to take an hour for lunch hehehe, at my house lol
    And I ain't saying I took 60 minutes for lunch from one job to the next, I mean I spent a good solid hour at home.
    Then I went back out, seemed cooler outside (but it wasn't but it sure fooled me lol).

9. DavisLawn

DavisLawn LawnSite Member

i also dont change mine either unless we're going in somewhere to eat or something... but there are a lot of times i wish i had one to change into

10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I sweat like a stuck pig. Tonight at Jiu Jitsu class my shirt was so soaked when I rang it out, it was as if I just dunked it in the pool. When working, I get soaked....shirt and shorts. My employee barely sweats at all.