Question about the Exmark Ultravac...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by allstar, Oct 22, 2003.

1. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

I have a chance to get a job maintaining 3 sorority houses near U.S.C. I went and looked at them yesterday.There's not that much grass to cut but I noticed lots and lots of trash,cigarette butts,etc. all over the lawn and sidewalks.
    I have an Exmark w/Ultravac.Can I just run over all that debris with the mower and completely pick it up or would I need to use some kind of vacuum(BG vac?) first?Thanks. Jim

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Shouldn't be a problem. Just keep your eyes on the lawn, not the sorority chickies!!

I would think that you wouldn't have a problem unless its a glass bottle. I've sucked up many a "forgotten" newspaper (the entire thing) and it was quick to pickup the few straggling shreds of paper.

As for sidewalks....that may be a bit tricky, but as long as you have the Anti BLowout Baffle installed it'll suck them right off the pavement!

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Allstar,

make sure you add in a fair amount of time to pick stuff up because there will always be crap in the lawn....at least its that way at our frat house.