Question about the quick 36?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dunn's, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

For all of you who have used the quick 36. I have seen people with a sulky/velke on their quick 36 but was wondering does it have brakes to turn or is it just like the 32" Ferris hydrocuts where you have to turn it. But it can go forward and reverse. Any comments appreciated. THANKS!!

2. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

It has no brakes as far as I know. From everything I read it is just a single hydro (forward & reverse). You have to manhandle it on turns.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

This is why people that don't have the item they are responding about, have never used the item they are responding about, and have never even seen the item in person they are responding about shouldn't respond if they don't know what they are talking about.

Of course it has a brake (not used in turning) but NO you do not have to "manhandle" it on turns as it is nearly effortless to turn it.

4. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

agreed, it is effortless to turn. and yes their are brakes.

5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I thought what he meant as brakes were stopping the wheel when turning. I know it has but for stopping brakes both wheels at once but not one wheel at a time. It may be easy to turn but you still must point it in the direction you want.

Ask gary your question and he will answer them.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The assumption is that a single hydro turns both wheels with the same force and when you need to turn someone has to provide some torque to slow one side? Is that wrong?

7. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

You just slow down and push a tad in the direction that you want to go ..its a super light machine and it is not a horse to push around

8. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

In thick St. Augustine, it is definitely NOT effortless to turn this machine. The first few weeks of regular use will give you a workout, but one gets used to it.

9. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Its a dream machine in bluegrass