Question all

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GrassQuester, Jun 5, 2006.

1. GrassQuester

GrassQuester LawnSite Member

Ok so im not so new at this been in the biz for 4 years by myself,was supervisor for commercial lawn care company before for 5 years anyway my question is this I have 67 accounts ranging from $70 a month to $240,
    (getting opinions here) On wed I have 15 accounts I do by myself takes me a while would it be worth it to take some of tuesdays accounts and switch them to wed if the tues accounts I switched over exactly equaled the labor I was spending on my worker for wed,I have 10 on tues wanna switch 6 over to wed for a total of 21 acconts which would leave me with 4 on tues and alot more marketing time..BTW Mon Thurs and Fri are maxed.Any opinions would be great!!:weightlifter:
  2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, complie your workload, unless they are on two different sides of town..
  3. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

There comes a point where growth in the business, leaves you to decide to hire and have them work while you scout new work or (you say by yourself so i take it your solo) Be happy where you are and who you currently service and leave it at that.

Getting your accounts done in the least amount of days, as long as your route doesn't have you back tracking or crossing your own path, helps increase your profit, and obviously frees up time.

Sounds like your on your way... might be time to shoot for that next step in growth...

All Clear
  4. GrassQuester

GrassQuester LawnSite Member

Yes actually I will still be on every jobsite just trying to free up time for 1 day....It is easy to find people that can mow,edge,Blow, its not so easy finding someone that can weedeat trim hedges and spray weedkiller how I like so Im stuck with those things till I find the right person I suppose.