Question...Cub Cadet Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by llllllll, Nov 16, 2007.

1. llllllll

llllllll LawnSite Member

Hey guys new to the site..I have been lurking for awhile and this site is great..
    Here is my question...Can any of you tell me if this Cub is a commercial mower or not ?..It has a 23hp Kohler motor and has a 50" deck ? Only has 18.6 hours...Also what is this mower worth ? Thanks in advance..llllllll

lawnmower001 (Small).jpg

lawnmower002 (Small).jpg

lawnmower006 (Small).jpg

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

No, its not a commercial unit.

3. llllllll

llllllll LawnSite Member

Thanks pugs..
    Anyone know what it is worth ?

4. seneca county snowman

seneca county snowman LawnSite Member

if you are going to do a couple of residentials with it ok but it wont hold up for long day in day out its worth about $1500.00

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Maybe $1200-$1500.

Have to factor in the fact that it won't have any kind of warranty being a used mower, and 19 hours isn't yet enough for it to start showing it's quality, or lack thereof.

6. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Cub Cadet Z-Force 50 Zero-Turn Mower

$3,999.00

TSC # 4424858
    Please check with your local store for the most accurate pricing information and product availability. Prices listed are subject to change without prior notice. We reserve the right to correct pricing errors and to limit quantities.

MODEL#: Z-FORCE 50
    HP: 23
    PTO: Electric
    ENGINE: Kohler Command Twin-Cylinder
    TRANSMISSION: Dual HydroGear ZT-2800
    FRAME: Heavy-Duty Welded Steel
    DECK: 50
    BLADES: Triple
    AXLES: Pivoting
    FUEL TANK (gal): 5
    FRONT TIRE SIZE: 11x4x5
    REAR TIRE SIZE: 18x9.5x8
    GREASE FITTINGS: Yes
    TURNING RADIUS: Zero
    OIL (oz): 64
    WARRANTY: 3-year limited residential/1-year commercial

This is a quote for a brand new one from Tractor Supply Company. That machine you have pictures of is almost brand new according to the hours. You know what they say about a new car -- as soon as it leaves the showroom it really depreciates.

If you are going to begin cutting a lot of yards forget this one.

Nosmo

7. llllllll

llllllll LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for the info..A guy wants to include this mower on a trade for my boat + cash of corse..He told me it was a "commercial" mower but I didnt think it was..Again thanks

8. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

The mower can't take the bumps without breaking down,if you mow real slow and baby it, it will hold up,but we run em wide open with ruts we hit em so hard it bounces us of the zs.

9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

nope...residential...probably bought it at TSC or Lowes. IF it is just for your personal yard, great. Using it mowing for the public...fuhgituhboutit!!

10. llllllll

llllllll LawnSite Member

"If" we were to work this mower into the deal I would just sell it or trade it in on something I want and need