question for 1majorTom

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Ol'time Lawncare, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

hows it going... yesterday i was trying to use a animated avatar and it said i couldn't but theres others using them. whats the deal can i use them or not. it was 100x100. thank you ,Jim

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Hi,
    This is a good question, one that I tried to help someone else with before. I'm not really sure I have the correct answer but here is a guess.
    The only way I can get an animated avatar to work is if it is already the correct size (100x100). IF i have to take the animated avatar into my photo editing program to reduce it down to the correct size, then for some reason I LOSE THE ANIMATION. And I can't figure out why.
    So my question to you is this, the animated avatar that you were trying to use, was it correctly sized, or did you have to resize it yourself down to 100x100?

3. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

hey... no i didn't resize it and yes it was 100x 100. thank you. jim

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

hhhmmm, ok, let me see what else I can find out.

5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

that was me you tried to help jodi and i never could get it to work.even if it is the right size an error pops up and says " you cannot ad animation to your avitar" maybe this helps.i just put in my signature line.