Question for Backflow testers

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mikegyver, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

In it's time, it was state-of-the-art. We had one of the first. That gave us not only a paper trail, but dowload capabilities. The cool thing about that unit, was you could pull a 2 minute test, and prove a check/ball valve was failing. Anything less than two minutes is worthless in testing, IMHO.

2. My water purveyor likes the forms dirty, they know I test them. They called me and asked if I tested a backflow. I said no and they said" we did not think so, the form was too clean" a homeowner had been filling out the from from a past test, I did years ago and sending it in.

3. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Something deep inside me says that water and electricity do not mix...:rolleyes:
    Most of the time they go to the city, and I like putting a good foot forward.

4. Mike Leary

Battery-powered, Mikie. :waving:

5. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Still. Wasn't referring to the electrocution hazard (its not existent) but more so about corrosion, etc.

6. Mike Leary

True, I had no trouble with the Watts tester, even in our salt water enviornment. However, with a tester that expensive, tou can imagine I took very good care of it! Still the best test kit ever made. :clapping: