1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Question for Backflow testers

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mikegyver, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

In it's time, it was state-of-the-art. We had one of the first. That gave us not only a paper trail, but dowload capabilities. The cool thing about that unit, was you could pull a 2 minute test, and prove a check/ball valve was failing. Anything less than two minutes is worthless in testing, IMHO.

2. My water purveyor likes the forms dirty, they know I test them. They called me and asked if I tested a backflow. I said no and they said" we did not think so, the form was too clean" a homeowner had been filling out the from from a past test, I did years ago and sending it in.

3. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Something deep inside me says that water and electricity do not mix...:rolleyes:
    Most of the time they go to the city, and I like putting a good foot forward.

4. Mike Leary

Battery-powered, Mikie. :waving:

5. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Still. Wasn't referring to the electrocution hazard (its not existent) but more so about corrosion, etc.

6. Mike Leary

True, I had no trouble with the Watts tester, even in our salt water enviornment. However, with a tester that expensive, tou can imagine I took very good care of it! Still the best test kit ever made. :clapping: