Question for Bad Boy Dealers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutsit, Jul 11, 2008.

1. cutsit

cutsit LawnSite Member
    from MO

I went to my local dealer to get a set of blades and the nut and bolt for one of the anti-scalp wheels for my ZT yesterday. Dealer didn't have them in stock. Said he would have to order them. He then charged me $7.50 for shipping.

Do you charge for shipping on common parts like that? I can understand if it is something odd. I would think that the dealer would want to keep a set of blades in stock at all times.

By the way, he charged me $15.95 per blade. Is that about right?

Thanks.

2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I always keep them in stock, but on a special order item, yes, I do charge shipping. These parts don't come in for free.

Were the blades Fusions or standard high lifts? We charge $25.95/ea on Fusions and $15.95ea on standard blades.

3. cutsit

cutsit LawnSite Member
    from MO

They are the standard blades.

Can I buy parts direct from the factory?

4. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Oh, I'm sure you can. You'll pay the same prices you would at your dealer though, so there really wouldn't be any point in doing that.

5. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy mines from Texas Mower Parts:
    Exmark 36/52" High Lift Blade
    Part Number : 310-052
    Price : $7.55
    • 18" Long
    • 5/8 Center Hole
    • 2.5" Wide
    • .250 Thick

They are the same as the standard blades for my Lightning 52" (Oregon 91-184)
    Nothing against my dealer but price gap is too high for me and it save me a lot of dough on a few set of blades (shipping is $9.95 flat rate)

6. cutsit

cutsit LawnSite Member
    from MO

Thanks for the help. I didn't see any listing for my 50" ZT model though.