1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question for Bobcat Brand Skidsteer Owner/Operators

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by thepawnshop, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Leo43

Leo43 LawnSite Member

hello doug sorry youre experance was,nt a good one , to answer youre question the s205 as the also the one you tested has a smooth turn at least for me, if youre looking to buy one let me say this i tested alot of differant brand for united rentals , they where changeing brands due to a fall out from corperate there and bobcat , i operated the john deer , good machine as all the other one,s , BUT, as a expert operator the choice came to me as #1 bob cat or the case uniloader for 2 reasons , bobcat because any unted rentals has parts for them , all rental companies have attachments for this machine and most machanices are at least fimiliar with this machine, thats why i went with bobcat, breifly , i did,nt like the lifting arms of the john deer and parts avalability and the visabiltiy factor, it reminds me of a new holland , the uniloader is a excellent choice , good visabilty good power compact to work on the motor i think its better then a bobcat , but parts a spendy and parts avalibility where you have to go if the thing breaks down all factors involvled bobcat s205 has them all beat i my opinion I dig and demo swiming pools and this is very hard on a machine so I hope this helps you thanks Leo
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like an interesting experience. So United Rentals asked you to demo different machines they were considering purchasing? Did they have a group of guys doing this or was it one operator at a time?
  3. sunray

sunray LawnSite Member

I have a T-190 in Augusta Ga and find it handles everything that comes my way.
    Wide tracks and enclosed cab, money well spent in Georgia. Atlanta from Cape Cod will be quite a change southern yankee.
  4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that is something you over come as experience operater. Also little factors concrete, blacktop how much tread on tires and rpm's. I have a 185 descent machine but for grading i liked my old 763. The 175 has about 4" less loading height makes a difference in loading trucks, we can load most steel body beds on tri-axles. The new 205 i think is over priced my dealer told me i could not run my tracks on it. I look at little things like that when looking at new machine due to tracks are over 2k. Im guying to buy new machine in spring and keep my 185 as a second machine and probably still go with a 185.
  5. Sunscaper

Sunscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I almost bought a Deere 320 due to my disappointment in the S175, S185 but I then tried an s205 and decided that for its size compared to the Deere, Gehl, and Cat it was the best choice for me. I have 600 hrs on my S205 now, the machine is wonderful, A/C blows cold everyday, NO mechanical failures at all. I highly recommend taking a look at the S205 with ISO controls before making a decision.