Question for Chopper Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Aug 17, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

After checking out the Chopper web site I'm wondering if you have any comments on their Entry Level Mowers? I'm currently servicing 18 accounts. I think the X2001-50 would suit my needs. What do you Chopper owners think about this machine, or would you maybe suggest something else?
    I'm running a Walker 54"SD at the current time. Looking for something a little faster and hoping to get away from having to double cut everything and lay down some AWESOME stripes at the same time.
    The lawns I now service range from 5000 sq. ft. up to 2 acre country homes.
    Also does anyone know what the starting price for the X2001-50 would be?
    Thanks for your input.
    Mowman

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

20 hp should be enough to push a 900+ pound machine around and still cut grass with a 50" deck. Be aware though that the machine you are looking at does not come with the additional coolers and air cleaners that the "00" and "03" machines do. The "01" machines also only come with the standard seat and they can be a little rough.

3. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

The DIXIE CHOPPER X2001-50 has been replaced by a model x2002. This machine is equipped with a 20 hp kohler command engine and has lots of power on this unit. Also this model uses a 7 guage deck and works really well with stacked mower blades!

4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Stacked Mower Blades???

5. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

He means double blades. Two put together and installed. A lot of guys do it. Do a search on the subject. I personally have not tried it yet. May well this fall. In the new edition of lawn and landscape magazine, they have a full page ad boasting their product to out produce any other for only $5,999.00.
    You should contact them and request a subscription. It will be free