question for coastal SC guys

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by playersc, Oct 31, 2007.

1. playersc

playersc LawnSite Member

I am interested in having someone take care of the fertilizing and weed control of my lawn, the only problem is I have not found anyone who is willing to come as far inland as I am. I live in the small town of Andrews which is 18 miles inland on Hwy 521 from Georgetown and about 50 miles north on Hwy 41 from Mt. Pleasant. Do you know of any reputable individual/s willing to come to my area? If you look at my previous posts you will see why I am seeking the help of a professional. Thanks playersc.

2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

player: I'm not licened in SC but live in Murrells Inlet. There's a Lesco in Myrtle Beach next to the Airport. You could call them and ask for a reference. Or down in Charleston's Lesco. There is a guy here (Scweedman) that is from Georgetown. Since you do not have enough post to PM him, I will be glad to do it for you if you'd like. Just read this and let me know. If that fails I could tell you what to do and then you do it if you have the time.
    Roy

3. playersc

playersc LawnSite Member

What is Scweedman's contact info, buisness name, ect. I would love to treat my yard myself but I also know when to let a professional step up to the plate and take a swing at it. Thanks Bradley.

4. playersc

playersc LawnSite Member

bump for help.

5. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Players: I'll write Scweedman and ask him to read the post. Meanwhile call Clemson Extention Agency in Georgetown and talk with Nancy. Maybe she can offer some help. If not, I'll have some time after Thanksgiving. You basically need to put down some 0-0-7 with Atrazine to get the winter weeds until February. Do a soil test and take it to Georgetown and ask for analysis on Centipede or St. Augustine turf (Whichever you have) If you don't know the procedure, call Nancy and she will tell you how to take a sample. Right now things are sorta idle. Get the analysis and I'll show you how to take care of it. I'm in TN now, but will be back down for a while. I'm about 30% here in TN and about 60% in SC and the rest of the time--on the road.
    Roy