Question for EB-8510 Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zeroturner, Sep 29, 2006.

1. zeroturner

zeroturner LawnSite Member

OK you guys that own Shindaiwa's new EB-8510 blower tell me what you think about them. I just purchased on last week after using only ECHO blowers for the past six years, and I have to admit that I think it is gonna take me a while to get used to it. Don't get me wrong, I think it is going to be a great blower, but I am used to the instant throttle response and the high reving 2 stroke sound on my Echos. With the 8510 it feels that it never really revs all the way up. However, I know that it is, it is just a different feel and sound than a two stroke. What's your opinion on this blower so far.

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I have the 8510 and use it side by side with my echo 750. the sound difference is normal, a lot of guys bring them back saying they're not revving up high enough because they don't make as much noise as their 2stroke stuff. Thats just the nature of 4stroke equipment.

3. GLC51

GLC51 LawnSite Member

I admit I felt the same way. When you're used to the high revs on a two stroke it just doesn't sound like it's running fast enough. I used an echo 603 for several years but wanted something with more oomph. after a lot of reading here and looking at specs on the manf. websites decided on the 8510. I like it. I got a deal $40 off from the dealer and $50 rebate from Shindaiwa. It came with the accelerator nozzle which I like. In use I find I quite often use it with the lower tube off and the accelerator nozzle on the upper tube. The nozzle concentrates the airflow and being shorter I figure I get more airflow. When they rate them the CFM at the housing and at the end of the tube are quite different so you loose a lot with the full tube set. So far no complaints. It weighs more than the Echo I still have for a backup but all the whining about it being sooo heavy there must be a lot of girls on the site.

4. zeroturner

zeroturner LawnSite Member

BSDeality, in your opinion, how does it compare to the ECHO 750?