Question for exmark guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bjlawn1, May 31, 2006.

1. bjlawn1

bjlawn1 LawnSite Member

I was talking with another contractor that has a kubota mowers. I was trying to tell me that exmark mowers are in the shop for work more then any mower. Just was wondering if this is true. Also wondering what everyone prefers for quality cutting.
  2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

not here. not true for me.
  3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

2,400 hours on our lazer hp and it has needed 1 blade belt, 1 hydro drive belt and 1 spindle. If thats not reliable then I dont know what is........
  4. NewImageLawn&Landscape

NewImageLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

My exmarks have been reliable. Its just like the ford, dodge, chevy thing. People hear isolated incidents about the brand they don't use and they take it as gospel. I prefer my exmark but wouldn't be opposed to using another brand of mower.
  5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Kubota Joe don't know his but from a hole in the ground.Until my dealer dropped selling them, we used Exmark for years, very good reliable mowers.
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yep... that's total 'BS' within the timeframe that most LCO's keep ZTR's.
    eXmarks are solid reliable machines.

However, if Kubota Joe there is talking in terms of overall life and extended service life, then he is not entirely wrong in his acessment that is squeaking through his brain.... hummmm Kubota v/s eXmark hummm.... he is just is going about saying it ALL WRONG.

Some guys that run diesel equipment like Kubota and others have came to the realization that the "other" mowers 'age' faster and turn into 'lame nags' in their extended service lives... along about the time their equipment of choice has become just broken in good. In fact, most people have figured it out, rather they want to admit it or not... that's why they sell or trade around 1,000 hours or every few years.

Anyways, overall BS statement... but certainly 2 different animals.
  7. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I've got several exmarks and the're never in the shop. Well, that's not entirely true. The piston rings on one got soft and it started burning oil but it had over 2000 hours so we can let that one slide. Envy's got the diesel vs gas issue on point.
  8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Mine are never in the shop and Exmark has the highest customer satisfaction rate of any mower and are #1 in sales. I don't think mower thats stayed in the shop could say that. Not that theres anything wrong with a Deere.
  9. LazerZHP

LazerZHP LawnSite Member
    from Maine

7th season on my 48"hp never been to repair shop.Recently thought hydro pump had problems,but was just a leaking hose .Replaced hose myself now its like new again. Best thing i ever purchased !I will run this mower for the rest of my life.:)
  10. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

B.S. My mower has been no problem at all.