1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

question for florida lco's (BAGGING}

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by get-n-by, Feb 15, 2013.

1. get-n-by

get-n-by LawnSite Member

I have recently had a few request for bagging leaves. I have always ran mulching blades in the fall and can pretty much clean up lawns well. My question is how do you charge for this service and would you charge extra on existing full service contracts. I have ordered and accellarator bagging system and i would like to be able to justifiy my purchase. Thanks for any advice.

2. If they want a leaf cleanup, yes I would charge extra. I mulch as well and have yet to have a complaint. My question to you is what was agreed upon at the time of the agreement?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. get-n-by

get-n-by LawnSite Member

thanks for commenting. I have no leaf clean up agreement on any account. All are straight cut contracts.(mow,blow,trim) I have had most of my customers for over 5yrs. I really have not needed to bag up intill these last couple seasons. Seems like the oaks have gone crazy. If you dont mind saying. how would you go about charging. I have seen a lot of ideas from the guys up north but I dont see much from florida. I have had 3 people call asking if i bagged in the last 2 weeks so i think they may be a little money to be made. I am just not sure how to charge. I know there will be different cost on haul off or curbside. I just need a base price to start with.

4. I'd go at an hourly rate and add dumping fees if they want it hauled off. I would have done sort of minimum though. Are we talking a lot of cleanup???
    Posted via Mobile Device