Question for guys running MTD Pro 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hortboy, Jul 27, 2004.

1. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

I bought this mower as a back up off a competitor who just couldn't make ends meet. It is a MTD wb 36', I actually like the mower and use it for myself when I'm out in the field doing lawns my crew can't get to. Anyway I found a flaw that I need some advise on. The blades when disengaged spin freely and independant of each other. what this does is when you engage the blades is they can be parallel and not perpendicular. Resulting in a small strip of grass clippings coming out from the center of the deck in the back instead of all going out the side discharge. Is there any way to fix this???
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Blade position should not be an issue,make sure your deck is clean and use high lift blades for better discharge.

It sounds as though you've got a clogged deck or not enough lift on your blades.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You also want to make sure that the blades haven't been ground more than 1/2" or on a curve. Try a new set of blades and see if that fixes it.
  4. BladesAway

BladesAway LawnSite Member
    from Ok

I vote on the blades. I myself just replaced the rapter blades on my 36in snapper because of the same problem. Wouldn't the blades rotating parallel and not perpendicular or not aligning in any consistant manner cause the mower to become unbalanced and shake?