Question for justmowit. Bidding clarification

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JasonX, Mar 21, 2005.

1. JasonX

JasonX LawnSite Member

Hi justmowit. I understand your bidding system. From what I know you charge extra for corners, cul-de-sacs, and lots 12,000 sq. to 16,000 sq. So would you charge $36 weekly and $41 bi-weekly for a cul-de-sac lot over 12,000 sq.? If I am wrong could you please explain?

Here is an example.

The lot in yellow is 12,600 sq.

lot.jpg

2. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

We have changed a little for 2005, we now only charge an extra $5.00 for any lot over 12,000 sq. ft., not for corner or culdesac lots under 12,000. The lot you have there would be $36 weekly or $41 bi-weekly since it is over 12K.

TJ

3. JasonX

JasonX LawnSite Member

Hi, TJ. What you are saying is that you do not charge the extra $5 for corner lots or cul-de-sacs anymore. So this lot based on your $26 weekly price rate should be $31 since you add $5 for lots 12,000 sq and over.

Is this correct.

Thanks for sharing your business experience with others,

Jason

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Where do you guys find lot sizes on the web? I searched for a few hours trying to find a link like this for properties in my area. Any links or help would be great thanks. Sorry a little off the topic

5. JasonX

JasonX LawnSite Member

You need to search for your counties tax appraisal website. Not all counties have a website or the information available online.

Jason

6. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, that is correct. We were finding a few smaller corners & culdesacs that our rates were not competitive enough.