1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

question for lawn smith

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by marley, Jun 27, 2002.

1. marley

marley LawnSite Member

the properties in your pictuers look like city parks. are they? how did you land those accounts? looks sharp! thanks in advance.
  2. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

actually those arent parks although from the pics its hard to tell. those 2 little chunks of property are basically part of the front lawn to a big commerical property. the property has an 9000+ sq ft. mansion that is rented for weddings, receptions, parties, or whatever. this particular area is a part of a 1500 acre working farm. right outside of the "manicured turf" are fields that are cut with a bushhog. there 15 rental homes on the farm as well that have full time tenants and i maintain those. basically any grassy area that needs to be manicured and made to look nice, i take care of. this includes, highway/fenceline frontage and lawns everywhere from .5 acres to about 5 acres.

how did land these particular accounts you ask? well, that was the easy part. my family owns the farm and when i got started in the business about 6 years ago, i took over for the guy that was doing a terrible job. thats one of the main reasons i got started, i had the security of having jobs right from the start.

can you believe i use to mow all that with a 48" scag walk behind? those pics arent showing the other 6 acres that surrounds the mansion. two words, "not fun" when mowing that with a 48" deck.