Question for LCO's =Gators/Air filter

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by RKISTNER1, May 17, 2005.

1. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

Gentelman, Cutting my Dad's and my grass twice a week with my brand new JDf687 using the 1/3 grass lgt rule. Question will the gators help me chop it up finer? How about double blades..would that lower deck RPM/bigger load on bearings? And last my 23 HP Kohler is it worth getting heavy duty 2 -stage air cleaner/canister for longer life? GOD BLESS THE LCO'S! I have a whole new respect for you guysand tha crap you endure. Rich in michigan

2. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

Rich first off JohnDeere dont have the clearance for doubles per say (two blades wont fit on the spindle and still bolt on)

And Gators are nice blades but You will get longer lie out of the John Deere factory blades Ty the High lift

Yes they are a lil bit louder but they will throw the Clippings alot further and look better

The Gator blades are good blades let me state that again BUT not as strong as OEM

Mowing 600-800 hours a year 200-250 per mower I go thru about 1-2 sets of OEM deere blades on each of My ZTRS and I used Gators on another and went thru 4 sets on that mower alone

3. RKISTNER1

Thank you sir. I'LL try the high lift.

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you do go Gator. Go Gator Magnum, they're thicker, but i think you many have clumping issues if the grass is very wet. Yes, i would go with that air canister, gotta make that piece of equipment last!!

5. RKISTNER1

Sounds good! Than you for your time & advice.

6. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

No probelm we all have some of the same type of questions sometimes