Question for mailing out advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KINGjosh, Feb 13, 2005.

1. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

well after a while of looking, i found a local company that is going to print 10,000 flyers and put them in a discount coupon envelope. Total cost for printing and mailing is $435. I would post the company but there only a local co. I will inform on the results. They are scheduled to go out in march.

2. b727guru

b727guru LawnSite Member

how did you find them?

I mean, what type of business did you look for when did your searching?

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

all lawns, by "flyers", i assume you actually mean something like a 2"x6" coupon insert that homeowners receive filled with coupons? ie, ValPak or some other?

if so, let us know how the response rate is.

4. KINGjosh

Yeah its exactly Valpak. I didn't know they were everywhere. Yeah i will let you guys know. 10,000 all at once to one zip code. I hope i can get 1% hit rate.

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

the valpak guys also publish the Reach Magazine coupon "magazine" that goes out.

the only problem with getting a hit rate in the ballpark of a flyer is that by design, every potential customer touches your ad, even if only to trash it. even if you add an evelope to a flyer as a mailing, you've ruled out x number of people who will throw it out without opening it. throw in the added layer of sifting through many coupons and you've made it even harder to capture their attention. the plus side is that the cost is relatively low, so even signing 1/2 of a mowing client for a year would cover it.

let us know how the response rate is.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi All Lawns & Landcare,

Will you offer any coupons in your value-pak advertisement?

7. KINGjosh

Hey Mike, Yeah i will have 1/2 off second months lawn maintinace bill.
    Also 10% off jobs over $200. I think if i dont offer any coupons it defeats the whole purpose of advertising in a Valpak.