1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

question for mitsubishi owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Qualey, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Qualey

Qualey LawnSite Member

For those of you with 4 cylinder Mitsubishis (or NPRs), what are getting for fuel mileage with a standard trans? We are going to purchase either one of these or an F-550. Trucks will have dump bodies and will pull a 13k trailer. Looking for longevity and efficiency.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Your going to need more than a 4 cyl to pull a 13k trailer. Don't worry about efficiency in a work truck. You need HP to move weight.

3. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

You want efficiency get a diesel truck, you'll pay to fill it but it will last ya a while, they are great for this type of proffession.
  4. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Mitsubisi Fuso box truck. It has the 4 cyl diesel. Get 11 mpg.
  5. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Just hashed this out myself. I went F550. because of pulling power. I feel it is safer also when towing. ( I can pull down a house with the 6.0 psd auto.) And its made in the USA. Trying to get a tow capacity on the Mitsu fg4x4 was like pulling teeth. I dont think its made for heavy pulling. I still think it be a good landscape/ plow truck but with sand,sander,plow its overweight. Dont like dot fines. No airbags or nothing either. Ever plow all night with a standard,Left leg takes a hurting. F550 for me.