Question for Mower/Power Equipment Dealers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pugs, Sep 1, 2006.

1. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

What if any software are you using for invoicing/inventory/accounting and what not?

We do most everything on paper right now and I would like to move it all onto the computer to try to get things more organized and have less paperwork to deal with.

We are a pretty small company so I dont really need alot of advanced features or what not...only use it on one computer.

So which ones are good, which ones stink...which ones are crazy expensive, which ones are not? I started looking into one a while back. I think it was Ideal...I just laughed at them when they told me what they charge. For that kinda money I will write some software specifically for our company.

Anyone using an off the shelf software not specifically made for power equipment use? If so, which one and how well does it do the job?

I appologize if this is in the wrong forum...feel free to move it if there is a better spot to post it.

JHIGGS LawnSite Member

I bought the peachtree software and it was WAY to complicated for me. I was browsing the net and foubd one called FASTER BOOKS. Rent for one year @$39.00. Not the best but works for me, I'm also just starting out! Some paper work I still have to do myself but it takes care of keeping my inventory and sales.
  3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

pugs, check your PMs
  4. shop22

shop22 LawnSite Member

we use the inventrakk software. does everything we need and then some at a reasonable price.
  5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I think it's great the way that is a small company. It seems Matt is very personal in the management of the software. DO you use the FastPakk system also?