1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question for PermaGreen Owners

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GeorgiaGrassMan, Oct 17, 2003.

1. GeorgiaGrassMan

GeorgiaGrassMan LawnSite Member

How many PermaGreen owners also have a spray rig? Is having a spray rig a necessity with a PermaGreen or just a nice to have?
  2. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 300 Gallon spray tank to accompany my permagreens.
  3. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

We have 100 gal tanks in our vans, but we don't use them to spray. We just use them to keep the Perma-Greens filled.
  4. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have spray tanks which we don't really use now with the perma green units. We will from time to time use them for specialty spraying and to fill the perma green units but that's about it.
  5. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 PG's and 6 tanks. Small (50 gal) tanks for filling the PG's and large ones for all the places the PG's can't or shouldn't't be used. Examples- Steep hills, long and thin grass islands in parking lots with trees in the middle and cars on the sides, elevated turf areas with no access other than stairs, small banks and fast food restaurants with 1K or less turf, back yards with narrow gates, curb strips less than 2 feet wide which can't be treated without throwing product into streets, parking lots, etc.
  6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I have the PG with no spray tank. All the above mentioned spots I use my spreader with PG's sprayer attachment.
  7. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

How do you fill your PG's. We regularly empty the 50 gal. fill tanks in a day.
  8. GeorgiaGrassMan

GeorgiaGrassMan LawnSite Member

Sounds like most of you spray with the PermaGreen when you can. I don't mind buying a spray rig, but I don't really want to have to deal with the volume of rinsate (and its proper disposal) that one requires.
  9. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Since I use my PG for primaily weed control I seldom have a problem. I also keep a few empty 2.5 gal jugs to pump PG mix into should I newed to empty the tank.

Any new mix such as fung or insecticide is mixed for the job or jobs and used in its entirety leaving the tank empty. I simply dump the wed control back in and away I go.
  10. tennissippi

tennissippi LawnSite Member
    from zone 7b

I use two 25 gallon electric sprayers (scorpion) to fill my PG tank and backpack sprayers. One of the 25 gallon sprayers has a 90 psi pump with 100' of hose just in case I'm need to spray some Ornamentals or Trees.