question for quickbooks experts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bettergrass, Dec 11, 2004.

1. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

got a question for someone who may know quickbooks really well.

well as of now i enter all my jobs into excel when i get home. then when the end of the month comes i open a blank invoice for each of my customers on quickbooks....enter all the services and which dates they were preformed...save them as to be printed....print them when i get a chance then mail them out.

well i noticed when your in the customer view...you can click on the customer register and it shows every time i entered the invoices and for how much.

my question is can i cut out the step of entering the info into excel and just enter each service i preform into the customer register....but still be able to combine those at the end of the month

2. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know the answer to your question but I do know there is a forum just like LawnSite for QuickBooks. You can probably find it by doing a search on the word quickbooks.

3. BobwithECLC

BobwithECLC LawnSite Member

We use QB. What we do is just enter each time that we do work for the customer and either print the invoice right then or just save it and then print a statement for each customer at the end of the month or how ever we have it set up with the customer. FYI we use the QB edition called Contractor. I hope this makes sense.

4. bettergrass

i use qb 2002 pro.....does a statement look like a invoice.

5. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

By no means an experienced user yet, but your invoices should be for each job, listing supplies, labor, and any other notes to your customers.. The statement would most likely have columns seperated for each individual invoice number, the date and the amount. And then a total at the bottom.

6. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

You should be able to save the invoice as "save as pending". Each time you perform the service, you would add it to the same invoice.

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

use statement charges.

when you print it looks just like a invoice.

this allows you to enter the service whenever you perform it.

on the statement is the date you entered the service, and a detail (whatever you type in).

it also will keep track of any past due balances and asess finance charges as well.

8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Only bad thing about using a statement for a client is you cant add the sales tax...unless you do it manually.

9. bettergrass

by save as pending do you mean to just uncheck the to be printed and to be sent boxes so it just leaves the invoice active

10. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

When you are in the invoice window, go to edit and scroll down to "mark invoice as pending". Then you can return to this same invoice to record additional work by going to reports and scroll down to sales then click pending sales. Double click the customer you want and record additional work. When you are ready to post the invoice, go back to the edit and scroll down and click "mark invoice as final"