1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Question for Ric

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Greg Amann, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Greg Amann

Greg Amann LawnSite Member

In 14 years of business we have only one yard out of 750 or so that has had grubs. They started in it last year.
    It is St. Augustine and we made an application of Dylox at approx. 6.9 oz. per 1,000 on the 4th of June. We will be doing a followup next week with Bifenthrin.
    Any pointer on timing maybe for next year to get them before any damage shows up. Are there better products out there we should try out?
    We are applying approx. 5 gallons per 1,000.
    Thanks in advance,
    Greg
    By the way, your box is still full.

2. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  3. Greg Amann

Thanks bug-guy!
    I am over in Lake county just about due west of you. Do you have issues with grubs in Hernando?
    Only one yard for us here in 14 years.
    We use Aloft on resistant chinch bugs and it works well. Probably looking at planning ahead next year with a mid-May application of Aloft.

4. bug-guy

i work behind the counter right now but we had issuses with grubs around coastal communities( canal homes and such) i went most of the 80's without see grubs that started to change as time went on. some people will forget to check for grubs altogether

5. bug-guy

6. Greg Amann

Thanks again, great information.