1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question for Solo LCO's...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mister_snowplow, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Elite Lawn Care

Elite Lawn Care LawnSite Member

try to stay in one area on a given day, focus your efforts on trying for more than three houses on a block or street and keeping all your clients on that day within a mile of each other. on my best day I travel to the next town over (115 miles round trip) and once I am there all my jobs are withing 1/8 th of a mile from start to finish, on that day I have 10 residential and commercial contracts and takes about six hours to complete all of them (solo). On my worst day I have 7 contracts and takes 5 hours to complete all of them even with driving 15 miles to the farthest job. The biggest killer in time is traveling and it is also the most expensive in regards to fuel and labor. For myself I have days designated to one area only for service. think about the time spent traveling in a day, for me one hour of travel time is 95+ dollars of lost income for fuel and labor. In that one hour in one neighborhood you could pick up three extra yards with some minor effort if you are willing to try.