Question for the part time guys..

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by gulfjoe, Sep 15, 2013.

1. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

People make any where from $13-$30+ here. They just made it a little harder to get leveled up. They added a minimum amount of time you had to be here. Depends on where you get placed on the amount of OT you will get. some people work 20+ HRS OT a week.

2. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

There was a part time member on here working 4hr shifts unloading boxes for UPS and using UPS for the benefits

3. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the kind of thing that would be ideal. It's pretty tough working a 40 hour week at a day job then throwing another 20+ of mowing on top of it. Going without health insurance, or paying 15k for good health insurance isn't very fun either. It sucks working a full-time job earning 17/hour to get the benefits when mowing you can net 50/ hour. If any of you are aware of any low hour good benefit jobs keep me updated.

4. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe I'm just not cut out for it but the last time I worked in a corporate job it was in the automotive industry and no amount of money would pull me back into that again, and I've been offered $30+/hr jobs with full benefits and turned them down, the stress and BS isn't worth it.

5. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

There is a UPS facility near me and I have heard of people working the 430am-9am shift basically for the benefits. I would like to transition into something like this or another 20-30 hour pt job with benefits next year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Seems you can say oh I'll get a job doing this or that but in reality when you go to apply for the job your resume is stacked on top of dozens ahead of you. That's why everyone's in the lawn biz..

7. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

Wild Star, I may have asked this before... But where in South GA are you located?

8. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Savannah area